Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Endless Summer

  It is almost five weeks since I returned from my annual teaching stint at CTY, but, unlike all the previous years, I did not have to return to work in the "real world" the following Monday. With one rainy exception the third day I was home, the weather has been pretty much the same -- hot and sunny -- perfect for sitting by and in the pool.
   There's been volleyball on Tuesday nights (and some Saturday mornings), the Men Seeking Pizza group on Wednesdays, and volunteer Notary Public services at the library on Thursdays, along with socializing with friends, visits with Alex, and a couple of platelet donations. But even with all of this and the variety of indoor and outdoor chores that have filled many mornings, I've had plenty of time to relax and enjoy.
  And, since closing the pool is not going to happen until after Columbus Day, there are still a lot more of these days to come. Indeed, an endless summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment